The Zambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ZACCI) wishes to appoint a well-qualified and experienced person as a Research and Information Officer at the ZACCI Secretariat based in the Lusaka Agricultural Showgrounds.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Head of Policy and Advocacy and will be responsible for conducting research, policy analysis and information management.
To undertake / conduct research for ZACCI and provide advice to management on key issues around research within the Zambian economy and beyond.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. Identifies research priorities for ZACCI and the private sector in general and develops a comprehensive research agenda for approval by Management.
2. Gathers, analyses, compiles and disseminates information on relevant research projects and activities and assists in developing evidence based and proactive policy advocacy, policy recommendations (National Business Agenda).
3. Maintains and updates the ZACCI website, social media platforms (Facebook, tweeter, whatsApp etc.) as well as a data base for economic and business indicators.
4. Responds, when appropriate, to external and internal research enquiries from the members of ZACCI, Government departments, academia and members of the public as instructed.
5. Conducts research on identified key concerns of ZACCI members, business persons nationwide and / or the private sector at large through various methodologies such as sectoral and sub-sectoral surveys, Business Confidence Index and submits findings to Supervisor.
6. Provides relevant, timely, and high quality briefs to inform on policy direction and planning on behalf of the Supervisor and the Secretariat.
7. Scans the political, economic, social, technological and environmental landscape both locally and internationally for emerging trends and analyses implications on research and development to ensure effective response from the private sector.
8. Prepares ZACCI Position Papers and other specific policy paper recommendations when required by Supervisor for presentation at national and international seminars / workshops and meetings as appropriate.
9. Develops proposals for possible financing of ZACCI activities
10. Performs occasionally, other duties that can be reasonably assigned by superior(s), which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
1. Organisation / Logistic Skills
2. Interpersonal Skills
3. Leadership Skills
4. Computation / Numerical Requirements
5. Job Minimum Education / Vocational Level
6. Minimum Experience / Exposure Required.
How to Apply